White Silence

White Silence
A beautifully executed piece

Hellos from the Calm or Harried Stone Sculptor, depending on the day!

How to get to 'show-time' without alienating your friends and family.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

It has been a month...Wow!

I cannot believe I have been so tardy...wrong word...BUSY!!!!  While you have been wondering where I was...I re-proofed my  book, it really looked like a real book with a cover, etc.  The final proof comes in in a week; this has to be the last proof!!!! Anyhoo, the ISBN has been assigned, the copyright, and I LOVE IT!  It will be available on Amazon.com, .ca and .co.UK, Barnes and Noble, Lulu, etc.  The title is Witness Stones and Reflections. My first book of Poetry and Sculpture.  I have already begun a second book and plan a book of simply poetry.  My intent is to make the first book available during the studio tour.  Come and I shall sign your copy!!!!

My stones are almost completely polished; they still have to be mounted but my bases are great...kudos to my metal designer, Cairn Cunnane.
 
The backyard is looking wonderful, my 'dry' riverbed is smashing (with the prerequisite bridge), the plantings are superb!  I wish the Peony fairy would assure me my peonies will open on the 12th, the delphiniums would blow me away with their height and color and my hydrangea heads would droop in all their glory.  The garden awaits my stones...and you!
The pedestals have been welded with re-bar, with just the right amount of rust, the poems, my CV and the business cards are ready to be printed and laminated (in case of rain)...now the down side is the deck is going to be started only tomorrow, it will not be completed by 'showtime' but no worries it does look great.  Perhaps we bit off more than we could chew, but such is life!  I prefer to live large, aim higher, I cannot change.

A lot of the Tour brochures have gone out, but that is ongoing!

This week the National Capital Network of Sculptors appointed me to the executive (I joined the NCNS 3 months ago) and I was given a show as the Featured Artist for the month of November at the Patrick John Mills Gallery; great week thus far, non?  At the moment I have a work in the same gallery.
In September I am participating in a show at St. Brigid and in the Spring, the Museum of Nature.  I love the busi-ness of life. 

Hopefully, I shall be pardoned for not blogging as much as promised but I promise I am not lazing about on a beach somewhere...though the temperature here, with the humidex, was 41 degrees Celsius yesterday! 

I am looking forward to seeing all of you here on the 12th and 13th of June for the Orleans Studio Tour!  http://www.orleansstudiotour.org   I am studio number 8!

No comments:

Post a Comment