White Silence

White Silence
A beautifully executed piece

Hellos from the Calm or Harried Stone Sculptor, depending on the day!

How to get to 'show-time' without alienating your friends and family.

Saturday, January 23, 2010

The 'End' of January...time to get serious!!!

I just looked at the calendar...it is already the 23rd of January! Getting ready for a studio tour, here in Orleans, has now hit home!! In four and a half months, June 12th and 13th it will be here...in my back yard; now, I am definitely feeling the pressure...big time
I have been a sculptor for 'too many' years but a few months from showtime and the panic settles in and takes up residence. You know that 'Hey you! What's for supper?' Familiarity be damned!

Funny how things start out, you are so calm, cool and collected, then the heat is on and it builds within, to a crescendo. Full orchestra type! Family on your case, you can't sleep without visions of what is 'certainly' going to happen. The worst case senerios; you can imagine...no one will come...you will sell nothing...people will hate what they see.

This will propel me into action! I began this week to be honest...I tend to work and produce well under pressure. This blog will help me keep the panic to a minimum...I hope!

My intent is to fill you in on all the things a sculptor does to get ready for THE SHOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment