White Silence

White Silence
A beautifully executed piece

Hellos from the Calm or Harried Stone Sculptor, depending on the day!

How to get to 'show-time' without alienating your friends and family.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Loving that Feedback!

We artists thrive on feedback...we work alone and if the feedback is only at 'Showtime', though good for future endeavours, cannot correct a problem at the moment, such as, critiquing a work.  You work so hard physically and emotionally that, at times, you do not step away to fine tune a detail.  A mistake;  that is the difference between a succesful work and a mediocre work.  You need the same expertise in choosing a gallery.  Clientele differs from gallery to gallery.
This week a gallery did not take my work...to sort it in my mind, I called.  The feedback was very productive.  Though my work was of excellent quality, it was not right for their gallery's clientele.  I was then given another gallery's name and specifically told to mention her name. A few minutes on the phone and I had a wealth of information.
Today is editing information for 'The Book', day.  Arduous!  I should be working but it is 'my baby'!
The architectural metal designer, armed with my portfolio, is looking for someone to work with me on my new stones.  Sadly, he has retired but has contacts, all is not lost!
Tomorrow I shall be working on my piece of alabaster...she and I have had many conversations!  She has much to say and is as heavy as heck!  How to develop muscles????  I have to use a dolley that raises her up to bench level...no picking her up.

No comments:

Post a Comment