White Silence

White Silence
A beautifully executed piece

Hellos from the Calm or Harried Stone Sculptor, depending on the day!

How to get to 'show-time' without alienating your friends and family.

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Moving forward! Slow but with more certainty...

Thursday is the big day...I meet with the metal designer!!!! I spent last evening refining the designs on a few of my stones.  One changed totally; last-minute epiphany, wouldn't your know?  Anyhow I am anxious.  A base is part of the sculpture, not just an addition...it speaks to the whole, therefore, it is very important!  The base must be a solid support but must reflect the proportions of the sculpture. I verify over and again each sculpture, they must really work, or they are not sold.  Put out one bad work and it is yours forever and a day...a reminder and an eyesore.  I show what I am proud of and would love to keep.
My new, very heavy, alabaster piece is still awaiting a final hands on.  I deliberated and decided to wait on a hole I wanted to go through the work.  The stone and I shall commune a bit longer.  At the last-minute it seemed superflous...meaning nothing in the grand scheme of things; it is important to recognize these things.  When does something become over the top?
Tonight is the National Capital Network of Sculptors meeting.  The opening at the  John Patrick Mills Gallery is fast approaching...pictures have been sent...moving forward slowly, but, moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment