White Silence

White Silence
A beautifully executed piece

Hellos from the Calm or Harried Stone Sculptor, depending on the day!

How to get to 'show-time' without alienating your friends and family.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder, I hope!

I look at the date I last blogged and am, totally, surprised a month has passed;  but then it is a learning curve, I now see how important it is to keep up to date. 
I lost my Dad and that took a lot out of me, but as someone said, he will be directing my hand from the other side.
I have worked very hard and produced two beautiful, medium size sculptures...no architectural designer, yet, for my bases, but, some leads.  An architect friend has a name.  I have found how to publish my book in time for the exhibit...life is looking up, non?
My air compressor tools are wonderful and make life more easy...blow me away actually!  They will not be used all the time but do make short work when skinning and roughing out the stone.  I seriously need anti-vibration gloves, my hands are numb after a few hours.  I love the rhythm of working by hand but need that extra umph when the going gets tough and some stones certainly present a challenge.
A slight aside regarding the air tools.  Hubby loves tools and took mine out to look at.  One dropped from his hand and chipped the porcelain tile in the kitchen.  It had to be replaced so my tools cost about $100. more taking that into account.  He felt terrible.
I will be in the John Patrick Mills Gallery May 13th to 29th and have recently applied to the Galerie d'art Courtemanche for their summer exhibit.  So apart from the Orleans Studio Tour, I am busy!!!!  The way I like life.
Every day the weather gets better and better; soon I can work outside and perhaps get some color.  Winter though seemingly shorter and milder this year, still, is long.  Whisk me back to the UK or even Washington; well perhaps not DC this year...did you see the snow 'we' never got while there...thankfully.
Sun means June is approching...I can't be late.  Hi, Ho, Hi, Ho, it's off to work we go!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment